Remember that one time, when it was too hot for life? Don’t get me wrong, I love summer! I mean—I have to hide my fair skin from the sun the whole time—but I love that blessed sweet blue sky and warm summer nights. But when the sun brings that triple digit heat, you don’t necessarily want to turn on your oven and sweat over it. So, what better solution than to make ice cream? I was hanging out with my sis the other week, and she made some crazy good raspberry ice cream in such a quick amount of time, that I got it in my head to do the same. The base is Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Ice Cream, and it’s oh-so easy to make! Of course you know I had to go to one of my favorite flavors and threw in Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and some PB chips for my mix-ins. I can’t get over how simple and fast and delicious it was! So, I’m thinking you have new weekend plans, amiright?
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used vanilla paste)
- 1 and 1/2 bags Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups cut in quarters
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- Whip the eggs and sugar together with a whisk until fluffy (but not firm).
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk together until well mixed.
- Place in ice cream maker, add desired mix-ins and follow it’s directions to make.
- EAT ALL THE THINGS
Recipe adapted from here.
One thought on “Peanut Butter Cup Vanilla Ice Cream”