I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, and again—summer nights in Salt Lake City are magical. Especially when you are lucky enough to be with great friends in the prettiest backyard around. Considering that peaches are probably what unicorns would exclusively feed on—due to their otherworldly goodness—I thought that consuming any peach dessert in a dreamy backyard on a perfect summer night would be the best scenario possible, and duh, I was totally right! I looked up pies, galettes, crips, crumbles and the like. Something quick, easy but very peachy was the goal. I found a bunch of recipes for baked peaches and made up my own recipe based on a few others that I found. I highly recommend that you find yourself some peaches and a backyard crew and make some magic happen!
3 medium ripe but firm peaches, pitted and halved
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the peaches in a buttered 8×8 inch (or similar) baking pan.
- Mix together all the topping ingredients until well incorporated.
- Distribute the crumble topping evenly among the peach halves. If there is any extra, sprinkle evenly on the pan.
- Bake the peaches until they’re soft and the crumb topping is crispy and a light golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on how ripe the peaches are.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy the taste of summer.